Skip to main content

Blackberry Banana Chia Seed Pudding


My goal the last week has been to get back on track with raw till 4....I went to my family's lake house two weekends ago and got off track and it's been difficult getting back on track. Today I did better than the last few days, starting out the day with totally yum chia seed pudding and a long run in Central Park-the longest run in a long time.  And my foot that has been plaguing me with pain actually did not hurt (I got new running shoes so wish I hadn't put that off!)  


Anyway, I made the pudding last night after hanging out with a friend who is training for a marathon in November....I can't WAIT to cheer her on!  She was talking about her running schedule and how her eating pattern is a little all over the place so I offered to make her chia seed pudding and to give her some Arbonne protein powder so she can make smoothies.  I was also thinking about how sometimes I get super tired during a run and then it ends up being a disappointing experience so I wanted to make a wholesome breakfast.  It worked because I ran 5 miles, a little further than I was originally intending but I felt good so I just went with it.  AND NO PAIN in my leg or foot afterwards....I'm a happy girl!

Yesterday after I bought my new sneakers, I stopped in Juice Press and bought a bag of their superfoods mix....a variety of nuts, goji berries, dried mulberries, dried fruit, complete all around awesomeness.  What drew me to the mix was the fact that it had dried mulberries in it, something I've been dying to try for a while now.  So, I put a little bit of this mix on my chia seed pudding....then I ended up eating alot more of the mix later in the day (portion control is my downfall)



So, without further delay here is the recipe:

3 tbsp of chia seeds
3/4 cup of canned light coconut milk
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1/2 pint of blackberries
1 ripe banana
Topping: superfoods such as goji berries, mulberries, cacao nibs or flaxseed meal

Pour the milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract and maple syrup in a mason jar and mix well.  Add the blackberries and sliced banana and stir, smashing the blackberries to mix them further into the pudding.  You can also food process the blackberries and banana and then mix them into your pudding so that the pudding is a pretty purple color.  Top with your superfoods. Store in the fridge overnight, the chia seeds will absorb the milk and the pudding will become thicker.

As I mentioned before, I ate this before a run and I felt energized, no stomach issues etc.  If this is too much for you to eat before a run, just eat half and have the other half to refuel after your run.  Chia seeds are amazing energy packed little seeds that are high in fiber and omegas, they are super good for you, I guess that's why they are called superfoods :)

Stay tuned for some fall chia seed pudding....can you say pumpkin???

Monday I'm out for another run so I'll post my breakfast!  Happy Labor Day Weekend!!  What are you doing on this last weekend of summer??

Comments