Skip to main content

Cannellini bean garden burger...with a garden salad


I made another flavor of veggie burgers tonight :) It gave me a chance to use my fresh oregano. Here is the delish recipe:
2 red bliss potatoes cut up in tiny pieces
Chopped baby carrots (5)
1 jar of cannellini beans
2 scallions
1/4 of an onion
Fresh garlic, chopped
2 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 cup of garbanzo bean flour
Fresh oregano
Lemon pepper

After chopping the potatoes and garlic, I threw them in a pan to cook for a little bit. I cooked them on low. Then I added them to a medium sized bowl. I then added the beans, chopped carrots, onion, scallions and oregano. I mixed everything well. Then I added the olive oil and flour and mixed again using my hands. The mixture will become clay-like so it will be easy to form the patties. Add the lemon pepper before you form into patties. After forming the mixture into veggie burgers, place each burger into a pan to cook. Cover the burgers with a lid and cook on low until each side is brown. Flip them over a couple times. Store in the fridge or make this salad:
Take a small heart of romaine lettuce and separate into pieces. Line your plate with them and put the veggie burger on top in the middle or cut it up. Then add fresh spinach and grape tomatoes and a dressing of your choice ( I used goddess dressing from Trader Joe's). This is a yummy, veggie filled dinner. It is also low carb and high protein. Enjoy!


Comments