Skip to main content

Creamy Alfredo Sauce


This creamy Alfredo sauce is not made with cheese or cashews; it's made entirely with veggies. Allow me to explain my inspiration for this recipe. Lately, I've enjoyed Misfits Market deliveries so my fridge is stocked with lots of fruit and veggies. You get lots of in season organic veggies that aren't "pretty". They have lumps and bumps or they are a little misshapen and are not sold. So Misfits Market sells them for 40% off the regular price and I get a lovely box of delicious veggies. *Keep reading for a discount code*

I've already noticed that my diet is more whole foods, plant-based and it's only been two weeks. Why? I buy all my food from Misfits Market and I don't go to other stores and buy alot of other items. So the majority of what I eat are the veggies. After your first box, you can add other pantry items to your box (oats, snacks, berries, chocolate and so many other cool goodies). I really just don't need to buy more food anywhere else. Misfits Market is great because I get everything delivered to me and I support local, organic farms. Want to try MM? Use my code COOKWME-YJ5BBF for 25% off your first order.

This sauce is made without cashews, vegan cheese, and nutritional yeast. Are these ingredients bad? Nope, I just wanted to try a sauce that is made entirely of the veggies I'm stocked up on. I combined them with my favorite unsweetened plant milk and some spices and whala! This sauce is gooood!



2 small white potatoes (peeled or unpeeled)
1 small butternut squash
1/4 cup of diced onion
2 cloves of fresh garlic
2 tbsp of unsweetened plant-based milk ( I used soy)
Sea salt, pepper, oregano
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 serving of pasta ( I made angel hair)


Cut the squash in half longways and remove the seeds. Set the seeds aside. Brush the inside of the squash with olive or avocado oil and place the two halves on a cookie sheet facedown. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until the squash is soft. Scoop out the squash.
Wash and cut the potatoes in small pieces. Steam them until soft. You don't need to peel them.
Dice up the onion and fresh garlic. 
Place all ingredients in your food processor and process on high. Add the milk last and only if you need it. Use 1 tbsp if 2 is not needed. You want the sauce thick but also able to be easily mixed into the pasta. 
Make the pasta according to the package. Mix the sauce into the pasta and serve.

Notes: Ok, Alfredo sauce is white and the squash gives this sauce a yellow tint-it's ok! Don't have squash? Use a sweet potato or steamed carrots. What to do with the squash seeds? Mix them with oil and spices and bake for about 6 minutes for a healthy snack.


Comments