Skip to main content

No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake


Everytime I go to a vegan restaurant and they have a raw cake, I gotta order it. It ends up being thick, creamy with just the right amount of sweetness and absolutely delish. I made this recipe yesterday but it didn't turn out well at all. Today I repeated it and I'm ready to give it to anyone to taste test-it's perfect! Cashews make the difference when making raw cheesecakes as does coconut oil and lemon juice. I'm so psyched for pumpkin season!


Have you seen that meme that says "say pumpkin and white girls in yoga pants will give you 15 reasons why they love fall?" Yeah that's me! I love fall, I've been looking forward to it ever since the last heat wave and I'm diving right in with another pumpkin recipe. I already made my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for one of my meditation classes and I'm adding another recipe this week. Whole Foods had boxed organic pumpkin puree for sale so I grabbed some.

I ran 18 mile last Monday and I have rested all week because I'm afraid I stressed out my achilles. I'm trying not to get down about it  and I'm going to run tomorrow to see how I feel. The marathon is 7 weeks away and I have been looking forward to nothing else the last 4 months. Wanna donate to my Team for Kids marathon charity? I normally wouldn't ask but I need to raise $882 by October 6th. All money goes towards youth running programs in schools and helps children become runners. It introduces them to physical activity and exercise at a young age so that childhood obesity rates can continue to improve. It's such a great organization and everything I have raised thus far is all for the kids! Here is the link to donate :) https://runwithtfk.org/Profile/PublicPage/30609


So, onto this recipe! I made the cake with as little fat as possible and the sugar comes from dates and a little coconut sugar. This cake is pretty amazing and is thick and creamy.

Crust:
1 cup of rolled oats
5 medjool dates, pitted
2 tbsp of coconut oil
Desire consistency: a sticky, sweet crust

Cheesecake:
1 cup of soaked cashews
3 heaping tbsp of organic pumpkin puree
Juice from 1 lemon
2 tbsp of coconut cream or full fat milk
2 tbsp of coconut oil
2 tbsp of coconut sugar
1 tbsp of cinnamon
2 tsp of nutmeg
Desired consistency: thick, sweet, light yellow mixture

Put the crust ingredients into your food processor and process on high. Press into a round cake pan. Put all of the cheesecake ingredients in your food processor except the coconut oil. Blend well. Scrape down the sides and keep blending. Add the coconut oil. Keep blending until all of the ingredients are processed and the mixture is smooth. Scoop out on top of the crust and sprinkle some additional cinnamon on top. Refrigerate or freeze.



Notes: I usually make double the crust so that the crust is thicker but I didn't have enough dates. Double the crust amounts to make a thicker crust. You can eliminate the coconut cream or milk. You can add more dates and eliminate the coconut sugar. I hope you enjoy!!

Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!





Comments