Skip to main content

Mac and Cheese with Veggies


My marathon training and writing is taking up alot of my time along with trips home to visit my fam so I am just getting to this new blog post! This is a dish I made in between trips home that was quick and super delish comfort food. I love mac and cheese and since I had to use up some veggies, I threw in some spinach and toms. Mac and cheese is so cool when you make it from scratch because you can make it with veggies which is super nutritious.


I'm not nuts over carrots, I think they are kinda boring and I'd rather eat them steamed. Usually when I buy carrots I have mac and cheese in mind so sure enough here it is. Buy organic carrots if you can and you will only need 1 big one for this recipe. Also, this recipe includes turmeric which as you know I love. I even added it to my fudge recipe. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties and can reduce pain. It's pretty awesome so add it into a recipes as much as you can.

Tomorrow I'm running mucho miles in Central Park, it's going to be hot and I'm hoping to finish so I'm going to make this a short post. Here is the recipe!

1 big organic carrot, steamed
2 tsp of turmeric
1/2 cup of non dairy milk
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
2 tsp of sea salt
2 tsp of cumin
1 cup of organic spinach, steamed
5-6 cherry organic cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup of cooked pasta
3 meatballs (optional) I used Gardein brand

Steam your carrot and spinach. Cut the carrot into small pieces so it steams faster and is easier to process when you make your sauce. To your food processor, add the cooked carrot, turmeric, milk, sea salt, cumin and nutritional yeast. Process well, adding more water if you want to thin it out. Cook your pasta. Mix the pasta with the mac and cheese sauce and add the tomatoes and steamed spinach. Sprinkle on more nutritional yeast. Cook the meatballs according to the package. I don't usually buy mock meat but I bought them for my yoga dinner and I liked them.

Yum Yum Yum! Italian food is awesome when you make it vegan.

Stay tuned for a pumpkin cheesecake recipe coming up as soon as this heat breaks! So like next week :)

Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!


Comments