Skip to main content

Strawberry Banana Smoothie


I can't wait for fall. I know we had a very hard winter and everyone is super psyched for warm weather but there is just something comforting about fall..like coming home. The smell of cinnamon, pumpkin pie, warm, spicy smelling candles, chilly nights around a fire pit, loved ones surrounding you...it's a magical time of year. This will be my first fall in NYC and I can't wait to watch the fist leaves change. My street is tree-lined and gorgeous, the East River is seconds from my door and I'm looking forward to watching the fall appear. So, I sprinkled into this smoothie a little taste of fall.
I'm still doing raw til 4 and it's going great. I'm also doing well with my 30 days of yoga challenge, haven't missed a day yet! I just finished an excellent flow fundamentals class and I feel my teaching skills are getting better just by watching other teachers, going through the asanas and thinking about what I want my first class to look like.


I'm so scared to teach people other than my yoga class friends but as soon as I get a few more things in order, I will be renting studio space and teaching my first class! Sometime in the next two weeks so I'll be sure to announce it here in case some of you reading are in NYC!

Onto this smoothie/nana ice cream recipe. Here is what you will need:
3 frozen bananas
6 fresh strawberries
A few splashes of non dairy milk
Pumpkin pie spice

Blend two of the bananas and the strawberries in your high powdered blender. Add a few splashes of milk to get the blender going. Pour into a mason jar. Add the third banana to the blender (you can rinse the blender out if you want) and the pumpkin pie spice and blend. Savor that smell of the pumpkin pie spices! Scoop on top of the strawberry nana ice cream. Prepare for spillover if your strawberry nana ice cream is more liquidy than your pumpkin pie nana ice cream.
If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can use cinnamon. The more milk you add, the less creamy and soft serve-like your ice cream will be so just add a splash.

I had this for breakfast and it was awesome!! Enjoy this unseasonably non humid August we are having. I wonder if we will sail right into September without breaking too much of a sweat. These cooler days are great when you're walking around nyc trying not to sweat! Haha. Be well, friends!

Comments