Skip to main content

Chocolate Peanut Butter Spinach Smoothie


It's supposed to be hot again in NYC starting today but that is not why I made this; I just wanted chocolate! And just because you have chocolate doesn't mean you can't have your greens. I love adding spinach to a creamy, chocolatey smoothie, it's never been easier to get in your greens. 

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I was away for 10 days at home in Philly and down the shore and then when I came back to the city, I had  a busy week. We had an open house at our yoga studio on Saturday and it was so awesome. We had vegan food from Jungle Cafe in Brooklyn and drinks from Organic Avenue, a place I have been obsessed with since I moved to the city.




Isn't it obvious why I'm obsessed? They had their green love drink for us plus their matcha chia smoothie and their coconut water. Athleta and Lole were our activewear/fitness reps and I signed up for a 30% fitness pro discount from Athleta and Lole gave us hair bands and coupons. I couldn't be more grateful for these awesome companies taking the time to come to OUR open house! I have a link to my yoga studio on this block called Vegan Yogis, check it out if you need space to rent to teach your classes.

Back to the smoothie! I made this with chocolate Vega plant protein powder but I will give you substitutions in the notes section. 

Recipe:
12 ounces of non dairy milk (I used SoDelicious coconut milk)
1.5 frozen bananas
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
2 tbsp of peanut butter
1 handful of organic spinach

Blend everything well and enjoy. Notes: instead of protein powder, use 3 tbsp of raw cacao or cocoa powder and a sweetener like maple syrup or coconut sugar. Use other nut butters instead of peanut butter. You can use other greens but I think spinach blends the best. Add some cinnamon or nutmeg for an extra kick.

Once the weather gets cooler and I get inspired, look for more fall recipes with ingredients like pumpkin, squash, apples. I've got two recipes in mind that will be featured next.

And did you know I published an ebook two years ago? It has awesome vegan recipes along with a sample meal plan. You can purchase it on Amazon.

Want my recipes delivered right to your inbox? Click here to sign up!



Comments

  1. I've been taking Green supplements for quite some time and it has significantly reduces the downtime and the strength of the illness. I cannot say enough good things about it, because even though I try to consistently exercise and eat healthy, it is not always possible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...