Skip to main content

Pumpkin Banana Chia Seed Pudding


I had such a fabulous weekend with my best friend from home! She stayed all weekend and we walked all around the city, eating vegan food and enjoying the sights. We've known each other since freshman year in college...so long ago haha and I always have so much fun with her.

Tomorrow is officially fall and I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to see the leaves change in Central Park. It's been pretty brisk and chilly lately but yesterday it got humid again which was very annoying! But this morning definitely has fall in the air!

My second pumpkin recipe is here (see the blog for my pumpkin nice cream recipe) and I also want to share the vegan food I had this past weekend. We went to the San Gennaro festival in Little Italy and found this vegan Asian place right next to Mulberry street where we could enjoy the live music and people watch while we dined al fresco. It was such a beautiful day on Saturday and it was so nice walking around the city with my fav person.

Pumpkin banana chia pudding:
1 cup of coconut milk
1/4 cup of chia seeds
2 tbsp of maple syrup
1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
2 bananas
Nice cream topping: 4 frozen bananas

Add the milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and pumpkin to a bowl and mix well. Let sit for about an hour. Pour in a mason jar and slice the two bananas into the pudding. Let it sit overnight in the fridge.
Next morning, blend the four frozen bananas to make nice cream and scoop on top of the pudding. Enjoy!


This was so yummy needless to say! Over the weekend I had pumpkin soup, sweet potato noodles and pumpkin cheesecake. We went to Wild Ginger pan Asian restaurant in Little Italy and it was just awesome...completely vegan menu and so many delish options. Check it out when you are in the city!






Sunday we had brunch at V-note on the Upper East Side and I had a soy bacon cheeseburger and French onion soup...out of this world! And the cappuccino was scrumptous too.




Needless to say, I'm taking it very easy this week, no oil, salt, alcohol or coffee. How was your weekend? What is your favorite vegan restaurant in your city?

Comments