Skip to main content

A Re-designed Blog and A Raw Dessert Recipe





I re-designed my blog and I am so so proud of the look and layout!  I added labels and my sites section which makes it that much easier for you to navigate.  My whole purpose in redesigning the blog was to make it easier for you to find specific recipes based on what you are looking for: oats, smoothies, raw desserts etc.  So, now that I have that, I hope you take a look at each and every recipe you're interested in.  I noticed how much I've improved with my writing and photography skills since I started blogging back in 2011 and also when I picked back up again with the blog in 2013.  I've come a long way, baby! I love this blog, it makes me so happy, it is written with love, love for the animals, love for cooking, love for my readers.  I designed it myself, I spend lots of time thinking about the content and making recipes, it's my baby and I want to pass on that love to you.  So, take a look around and leave a comment if you love it or have any further suggestions.

In doing the blog redesign, I realized I have so many old recipes that are awesome and need to be recycled, brought to the forefront and talked about again.  This week, I'll be mentioning older recipes, talking about why I love them, giving you more info and linking to the old recipe.  I've done so much work (and cooking) for this blog that I think it's appropriate to mention older (and maybe forgotten) posts.

But have no fear, for this lovely and snowy Monday (are you on the east coast?), I have a new raw dessert recipe that I made last night; I'll be sure to post all about it later.  First I want to talk about oats.  I love oats, oatmeal, overnight oats, oat milk and the list goes on.  An awesome bowl of oatmeal with all the fixins makes me feel satisfied, full, abolishes my cravings and makes me feel healthy.  I remember having oatmeal with my mom one time and she said she cannot eat fruit in her oatmeal, she only likes it plain.  I, on the other hand, need to add fruit, nut butter, coconut sugar and more.  Whichever way you enjoy them, oats rock.  They are a whole grain filled with fiber and energy that is good in any season, any time of the day and anywhere.

The link below is all about how to make oatmeal, my version, and I have plenty of pics of what I put on top of my oats.  I hope you have or develop an incredible appreciation of oats.  If you have sweet cravings, carb cravings, a good bowl of oats will help you squash your cravings.  Check out my previous oat post 

Onto a new recipe....apricot walnut truffles.  I usually make raw desserts with dates but I decided to experiment with new dried fruit and these turned out well; super sweet and filling.  I made these with dried prunes and apricots.

Apricot Walnut Truffles (raw)
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/4 cup of dried mulberries
1/2 cup of dried apricots
1/2 cup of dried pitted prunes
1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
Cinnamon




Add the walnuts and dried fruit to your food processor and process on high.  Add the cinnamon and vanilla and process until the mixture is sticky and the ingredients are mixed well.  Scoop out of your food processor and roll between your hands to form little truffles.  Set in a glass dish on top of wax paper and refrigerate. They are 8,000 times better after they are refrigerated.  
Buy your dried fruit without the sulpher preservatives; Trader Joe's has just plain dried fruit.  These are fully raw truffles and perfect for dessert or whenever you have a sweet tooth.

I'm feeling so grateful that I can wake up on a Monday and have breakfast in bed, blog and take pictures of my food creations.  It's going to be a snowy start to the week here in NYC and I'm totally ready, I hit the grocery store yesterday, did laundry last night, I'm so ready for my first big snowstorm in the city (will it be that big??)  Love the life you live.  If you have a job that doesn't inspire you anymore, change it.  If you want to move somewhere new, go.  Life is short and it can change at any minute so why waste time saying "what if" or "maybe I will", so grab life!!

What are you grateful for on this beautiful Monday?


Comments