Skip to main content

Energy Bars


Happy New Years Eve!!!  I had every intention of writing this earlier today but just did not have a free moment today. I went for a 5 mile run this morning with my running group and we ran over the Queensboro Bridge....what a magnificent sight!  I made these energy bars last night so I could grab one and go before my run this morning.  These are so delicious and easy to make.  It's best to make them the night before so they can set in the fridge overnight.  They are only three ingredients: rolled oats, medjool dates and chia seeds.  These bars are vegan and gluten-free.

Ingredients:

20 medjool dates, pitted
1 1/2 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
4 tbsp of chia seeds

Soak your dates for about 30 minutes unless they are already soft.  Place the softened dates, oats and chia seeds in your food processor and process until the mixture is a sticky paste.  I made my energy bars in two batches because my food processor is small.


Line a square glass dish with wax paper (I forgot) and press the energy bar mixture into the dish. Refrigerate overnight and then cut into bars the next day.

I had two before my run this morning and few more bites later in the day.

Have a safe new years, make sure you have a designated driver if you're drinking and use your brain!! Happy New Year from my kitchen to yours!!

Comments