Skip to main content

Banana Walnut Muffins


I officially have a second recipe for all the almond flour I end up with after making almond milk: muffins!  So brownies and muffins....sounds fabulous!  Two recipes you can make, eat some and then freeze.  My muffins are just about ready to be taken out of the oven so here goes nothing...


These are freaking awesome!  Moist, delicious and filling.  The recipe is so easy and you probably have everything for the recipe already in your kitchen. This recipe made 6 big muffins so make smaller ones if you want more.  Serve for breakfast with all natural jelly or vegan butter.  You can also add a dollop of coconut cream or just eat it plain.  And for the first time in months, I broke out the coconut sugar...lately I've only used fruit or agave to sweeten my food but I thought coconut sugar would go well with this recipe.  You can use agave for this recipe; I just didn't have enough of it.



Banana Walnut Muffin recipe:

2 cups of almond flour
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
Flax egg (2 tbsp. of flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp. of water)
3 mashed bananas
1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped in the food processor
1 tsp of baking powder
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of coconut oil

Put the 3 tbsp. of flaxseed meal and 6 tbsp. of water in a small bowl and let sit.  This will thicken and replace the egg.  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a cupcake or muffin pan with coconut oil.

Put the flour, sugar, baking powder and chopped walnuts in a medium sized bowl and whisk.  Put the bananas in your food processor and blend on high to mash them well.  Pour the bananas, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and flax egg into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix everything well.  My batter was very thick; I just scooped it out of the bowl into the cupcake pan.  If you want to thin it out though, add a little non dairy milk.  Add anything else you want: chocolate chips, chia seeds etc.

Mix well and pour the batter into the muffin or cupcake pan, making the muffins whatever size you wish.  I made mine big so I got 6 big muffins out of this.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.  Test to see if they are baked thoroughly by putting a fork in the middle of a muffin; if it comes out with batter on it, put the muffins back in the oven.  My muffins baked thoroughly after about 22 minutes.  These are very moist in the middle!



I ate mine for breakfast with a little soy yogurt and some lime/mint water.  You can also snack on a muffin in between meals or before bed with some sleepy time tea.  Yum....Happy Memorial Day, my fellow Americans! 

Comments